Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing Blog: Inserting New scenes


Today my group and I decided to log into our google drive and find all of the new scenes we filmed. Since we needed to re-film our scenes due to the fact some of the actors' appearances changed. Everything we had previously filmed was no longer good use. Therefore, we needed to re-edit again. This strenuous process is to make sure our film appears smooth and appealing to the audience. First, we took the SD card reader provided to us by our teachers. The SD card reader contained all the scenes we filmed previously. We then opened up the Pinnacle Studios editing software and dumped all of the scenes into the application. After this, I proceeded to move the scenes into the order of the storyboard. This is to help the film make more sense. 

I devised a special method to know what scenes are placed where. This method is to number the scenes and then place them corresponding to their number. One thing I designed was a scary edit to compliment the audience’s watching experience. I took this technique from previous horror films I have watched. This technique was to edit some quick pans of scary objects we filmed. One of the props was a scary doll, spiders, and a broken mirror. For the edit, I also changed the filter of the pan. I also changed the color to black and white to compliment the horror-like theme of the film. This edit gives the impression of a safe environment at first, then quickly switches to a scary pan. This is meant to keep viewers on their toes throughout the whole film. The picture below is of us cutting each scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment