Friday, January 17, 2020

Intro to new project

Hello, my name is Lesly. I am a cambridge student at Fort Lauderdale High School and I am currently taking the aice Media Studies class. All the time spent in my Media class helped me develop my film-making skills in order for me to now be able to create my own film. With the recent completion of my music video project, I have started to move on to my final and greatest creation; my Movie project. I have been waiting for this day to come since the beginning of the school year. This project is by far my most anticipated project out of all three. The idea of working on an original movie concept and putting it together really hypes me up. I had the whole plot of the movie made up in my head months before the project was even assigned. The fact that I new my group mates personally helped for the planning to be easier. This is why I believe that my knowledge gained from Media coupled with me knowing my group mates is going to make the project easier.

 First, I would like to point out that my film making skills have improved a lot since the beginning of the year. In the beginning, I could only trim videos and cut out the extra parts. Now I can detach audio, add transitions, special effects, and more. I also have worked on my camera angles. I learned that certain camera angles are meant to portray different tones and moods. For example a high angle is meant to represent dominance or fear. Meanwhile, a low angle is meant to show hope and an overall happier mood. I am excited to be able to film in many different locations. I also look forward to creating the scary look for the ghost with makeup and prosthetic. The other two films we created were happy and funny, but our last will scare you and leave you questioning and begging for more 
   
 A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Usually one or two sentences. Our first pitch idea is about the zombie apocalypse taking over the world. It will follows four friends and their lost hope of humanity. Our second pitch is about a serial killer who stalks three girls having a sleepover. He’s close and they won’t realize until it’s too late. The third pitch we came up with is about a haunted house and it’s possessive entities. Three girls make the wrong decision to enter a haunted house and one of them is attached to a dark figure. In my opinion, the third pitch is the way to go, as it is scarier than the other two and ends with more mystery. The third pitch will most likely be the pitch we use.




This is my group and I working in our project 
This is me working on my project individually 

No comments:

Post a Comment