Monday, February 24, 2020

Opening Sequence Filming Blog

My group and I decided to start filming during the weekend. We decided to start filming on Saturday February 22. Before we reached the location, we went shopping for props. Props included: the clothes of the monster, Pizza, spider webs etc. While prop shopping, we couldn’t find any props to help with the “Monster’s” clothing because it was not the season(Halloween). However, we decided to put makeup on me instead of dressing me up. This decision made the film scarier and more intriguing. When I arrived at the location, it was 4 in the afternoon. Once we got there, we planned out all the filming we would accomplish for the day. We decided to film all the scenes on the inside of the house and do the outside the next day. In these scenes, the characters are eating pizza inside of the house in a calm environment. I added dialogue to the storyboard that we used. However, some dialogue was improvised as it felt more natural and realistic. Before I began filming this film, I did not expect the process to be so extensive and grueling. We filmed many scenes because of the inconsistencies some created. Another reason we re filmed scenes is that we decided some scenes would be better if they were changed.  Once we finished filming, it was already 8 at night.We decided to hold off the main scenes for the following day(Sunday) due to the lack of props and preparation. We decided to get all the makeup and props for the monster on Sunday. Below is the makeup we used for “The Monster”


No comments:

Post a Comment