Thursday, February 27, 2020

Filming blog: At the abandoned house

On Sunday, February 23rd, my group and I filmed for the second time. We decided to show up to my group mate's house at 4 o'clock. We decided to show up this early because we needed to put the makeup on me. My group mate, Jazmin, demonstrated her excellent makeup skills in making me look scary. Her makeup skills gave me fake slashes on my face, forehead, and my neck. Upon arriving, we realized we had to re-film because one of my group mates came with different clothing. On Saturday, she came with a shirt and shorts. However, on Sunday, she came with a dress that was a different color from the shorts. Her coming with different clothing would make the film inconsistent. This inconsistency would make the film appear sloppy and poorly made. The first scene filmed was a pan shot of the neighborhood. The pan shot would be of two houses then the camera would arrive at the girls playing catch. The Pan shot was created by slowly moving a car forward with the camera attached. This gave the illusion of the camera moving, as if it were surveying the neighborhood. The scene also consisted of a close up of every single protagonist. The close up would soon be changed to a Mid Shot. This Mid Shot would be used to introduce every single character of the film(Excluding the Monster). Another thing we did was buy multiple items that would be deemed as "spooky". These items included a broken glass, a doll, and candles. Below is a picture of the items we used.


No comments:

Post a Comment