Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Blog (2)

Today I was able to access Pinnacle Studios and edit my film. In the beginning, I was not sure about what scenes I wanted to import into Pinnacle Studios. I had to re-watch the scenes to see which scenes would be best for the commercial. This process was arguably the most time consuming process out of all. I had trouble selecting the "best" scenes for the commercial. After i selected the scenes, I imported them into pinnacle studios. Then, I had to drag the scenes down in order to put them in order.


After i dragged the scenes, I watched the commercial about three times. The first time I watched the commercial, I noticed an inconsistency in one of the scenes. This inconsistency caused me to change the scene to one of my other options. The second time I watched the commercial, I noticed one of the scenes was too long so I decided to shorten the length of the scene. This shortening caused the length of the commercial itself to reduce from 37 seconds to about 34 seconds. The third time i watched the commercial, I realized that one of the scenes that would jump cut looked choppy. This caused me to edit the jump cut to make the edit look cleaner and more believable. After this, I felt like the commercial was complete.

Even though my scenes were edited to perfection, I still had one problem: The commercial itself was too long. 4 seconds too long to be exact. In order to fix this issue, I had to shorten the length of a couple of my scenes. I also had to create quicker edits from one scene to another to make the jump cuts more effective. I was able to shorten the length of my commercial from 34 seconds to abut 29 seconds. After this, the only addition I needed to add was the voice-overs. I had to drag the video with the audio I needed. After this, I had to detach the audio of the video from the video itself. then, I deleted the video and split the audio into parts to match the action that the voice-over was describing. When the voice-over was added and the film was ready to go, I finally exported the film onto the desktop and finished the film successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment