Monday, November 25, 2019

Music Video Filming Blog

Saturday November 25th, my group and I filmed our music video for the first time. First, I showed up to my group mate Anyeska's house. At this time, it was only the two of us. This dilemma along with the fact that I had to be at school by 4 o'clock made it so that Anyeska and I had to film my individual scenes first. By the time my other group mates Britania and Jazmin came, all of my individual scenes were already filmed. The only scenes that needed filming were the scenes we had together and my other group mates' scenes. I created the idea to have clever transitions in the music video to make the video more interesting. When filming for the scenes, we used many angles. For example, we used high angles, over the shoulder shots etc.


Another day we filmed was Sunday, November 26th. On this day, we re filmed a couple of scenes. We also filmed more scenes of us dancing together to tie up the film. For the most part, we followed the story board. However, there were some scenes we decided to diverge from the storyboard. For example, for a more comedic effect, there was a change from the transition of my first scene into another scene. Another change was the deletion of another scene. We also extended the time of the overall film from about 1 minute and 6 seconds to 1 minute and 10 seconds. This is because we were attempting to get more of the song into the film.


Overall, I feel like the filming process was difficult yet entertaining. It was difficult because we had to memorize certain positions of characters in order for the film to make sense. It also took us time to create a dance that went along with the song we had chosen. It was entertaining because of the fact that doing the project with my group mates made it all the more worthwhile. The filming process was not only subjective as I worked with people I was not only comfortable with, but enjoyed. My group mate Anyeska bought a costume for me to wear in one of my scenes. She also bought matching glasses for everyone to wear for the unison dancing scene we planned. This whole experience opened my eyes to the pros and cons of film-making on my own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment