Friday, April 17, 2020

The House on 10th Ave Creative Critical Reflection

This is my opening sequence, "THE HOUSE ON 10TH AVE"! Below, I only attached the opening sequence in Google Slides. Out of all the films I created, I enjoyed this one the most and with my group, it was also the easiest to film compared to the others. Currently, there is a lot going on in the world so I wanted to do more editing on the titles. It was disappointing that we could not make the titles how I originally wanted to, because it would have added so much more to the film. But, I am still content with the outcome. I came a long way to be able to film such a project, with all my hard work and skills coming together in the end. The biggest thing for me during this film was the acting. In my previous projects, I never really had to act or follow a script. I will admit it was not entirely easy to film. The first issue we had was searching for props because many stores didn't have any scary props(it wasn't Halloween), so my group made fake scar wax and fake blood. Next, was meeting up and having to film several weekends to film(including re filming) at different locations. This is because of the weather or members of the group weren't able to film, but we figured it out by scheduling. The last issue was to change the shooting script and sound script throughout filming. Although this may happen when filming, we ended up having a completely different script, but this helped make the acting more realistic. Surprisingly, I created this horror film, but it's a genre I don't like to watch. Thus, it wasn't the easiest to be my character because I’ve never done anything like it before. Regardless, I believe it is interesting and there's an entertaining, complete story line. Overall, this is the last of my filming journey and I would like to say it was something that has impacted me in a positive way. That being said, go ahead and watch the opening sequence and decide for yourself if it creeps you out!


Below is the creative critical reflection and the film itself

No comments:

Post a Comment