Thursday, April 16, 2020

The Lazy Song Music Video Creative Critical Reflection



This is my music video. Below, I attached the music video in Google Slides and the CCR. This was the second filming I did in AICE Media Studies. This was the second hardest film, but it was also the funniest for me. I genuinely enjoyed myself whilst filming this with my group. One disadvantage my group and I had was getting the film to match up with the audio of the music. The second disadvantage was the editing process. There were a couple of scenes that were short, so the frames stopped. Moving on, my favorite part was the matching transitions we came up with. Even though we matched the lyrics to our actions. The ending was also very fun and was only shot once. However, it was difficult to find props to help portray the lyrics and costumes. I decided to organize it. As a result, I used some items at home for props and bought matching sunglasses for all the character's costumes, except for a "birthday suit" for one of my scenes. For this project, I truly had to get out of my comfort zone. This is because the location of the music video was my house and the only person who's gone before is Nick. Everyone else in the group was just friends from school and unknown to my parents. I just asked them for permission and of course, they accepted and even helped us film. As a result, this video had a ton of retakes throughout the two days of meeting up, because of mistakes in acting or when creating the transitions. Overall, this was a great continuation of my filming journey and the most fun!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment